Statement of Faith...
Why do we have a statement of faith? As an interdenominational and inter-associational missions organization, it is our desire that those interested in working with us or obtaining our services know that we are indeed an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to orthodox beliefs. We do not consider our statement of faith to be a formal creed, and it cannot take the place of or add to scripture. Rather, it's a collection of things we've found from scripture to be of particular importance so that people aren't hindered from truly knowing Jesus.
Members of the LightSys team of course probably disagree with each other on at least some nonessential elements of doctrine, and probably with many of the organizations we work for! We desire, however, to be united around essential Christian doctrines, and by doing so say, "We're with you in the furthering of the Gospel!"
- The Bible: We believe that the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is God's written revelation to man, and that it is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
- God: We believe in one and only one God, the creator of heaven and earth, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus: We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, His bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His future return to earth in power and glory.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of the new birth in unbelievers and indwells believers, enabling them to live Godly lives.
- Salvation: We believe that man was created sinless in the image of God, but because of his willful sin, was alienated from God. Only through faith alone, trusting in Christ alone for salvation which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that alienation be removed.
- Resurrection: We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto a resurrection of life, and the unsaved unto a resurrection of condemnation and eternal separation from God.
- The Church: We believe that the Church is the body of Christ composed of all true believers, equal before Christ regardless of race, gender, or class differences. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints, and the evangelization of the world.
- Our Role: We believe the role of every man and woman in the Body of Christ is to serve God by utilizing the gifts and skills, entrusted to them through the power of the Holy Spirit, for the purpose of completing their part in the work of the Church.